Lists! I love lists! And crying!! I love crying!! Well, maybe not personally, but I do like crying scenes in K-Dramas.
I’m almost positive that just about every K-Drama I’ve ever watched has had some form of crying in it. Whether it’s just a cute sparkly tear rolling down a perfectly sculpted face, or a honking loud sob of boogies and spit, it’s safe to say that a K-Drama wouldn’t be much of a K-Drama without any crying. I don’t know if I’m the only one out there that gets tight-throat when I see a good crier turn on their waterworks, but there have even been instances where I’m sobbing! Not just teary eyed but I’m literally sitting there, just about wailing because an actor has affected my emotions!!
The following is my personal list of actors who are my favorite criers.
1. Yoo Seung Ho
– Personally, I’m a sucker for to the ugly crying. Those out-of-control sobbing fits are what really tear at my heart. Once Yoo Seung Ho starts his signature pained weeping, I don’t even try to hold back my tears anymore. Why fight a losing battle? I’m right there crying along with this fellow, in our own emotional little world.
2. Kim Soo Hyun
– Whether he’s playing a lovable idiot, a mighty king, a hunky alien, or a North Korean spy, I always anticipate Kim Soo Hyun’s crying scene. I haven’t watched any of his movies or dramas where he doesn’t have any such scenes, and I actually think I’d be disappointed if it was otherwise.
3. Yoon Eun Hye
– Yoon Eun Hye is among my top 3 favorite actresses. Before she began her acting career, she was actually the maknae for girl group Baby V.O.X. Is it me, or does it feel like Korean celebrities are truly the cream of the crop? Sure makes an ordinary girl, such as myself, feel a bit ‘blah’ XD I mean that in good spirit, I love Yoon Eun Hye. Her crying is so moving and she’s not afraid to let go and even get her face a little dirty. I’ll be bold enough to say that she’s the best crier in Dramaland.
4. Yeo Jin Goo
– Although Yeo Jin Goo is still considered a child actor, he has already made a name for himself. YJG has won the heart of many (including this noona), with his bright smile and touching roles. Such roles have actually been the reason why I keep going back to search for more of YJG’s projects. I really love watching this kid act and in my opinion, can seriously steal the show. He’s worked as a child counter-part for some of my favorite actors, and yet, his small screen-time happen to be the most memorable moments for me. If YJG smiles, I smile – If YJG cries, I cry.
5. Joo Won
– King of Baking was the first drama that I watched with Joo Won in it. If you’ve ever watched this one, then you know that his character is not so nice. Opposing Yoon Shi Yoon, I really hated his character, Ma Jun. The moment when he started to tear up, though, I just couldn’t help feel sorry for him, despite his bratty nature. I have mad respect for Joo Won, he’s been brilliant in every project I’ve ever seen him in. Whether it’s ugly or pretty, his crying can always touch me. He’s that good.